Tuesday 27 March 2012

Sonia Rykiel Sunrise

Last night it was finally warm enough to sit outside at night and have a few drinks, a sure sign that spring is really here. Our rhubarb is starting to sprout, and that last chunk of snow in the shade is gone. But this morning it was still too cold for short sleeves, and too warm for knits. I was struck by my lack of long sleeved tops. And there are so many beautiful options out there!

So to start my look today, a radiant silk-georgette blouse from Sonia Rykiel. In beautiful sunrise colours, I really love the tiny gathers at the top of the sleeves, and the pale collar. net-a-porter, £655















To allow the shirt to be a focal point, I want neutral toned pants. I would wear the shirt tucked in, so I want pants with an interesting waist. Burberry Prorsum has a tapered cream trouser that I really like. Burberry online store, $1150







I was looking for other pieces in the same colours at that shirt, and what I found was a pair of perspex-heeled sandals from Stella McCartney. I love shoes, and these ones are beautiful! Stella McCartney online store, £565 












To accessorize, I would buy Roberto Cavalli's Doctor leather tote. Quilted with a crocodile effect, the colour won't detract from the bright pieces, but it still looks rich which is what I like about it. net-a-porter, £1420 
 








 And while I was looking through Cavalli pieces, I found a bright cocktail ring that I would kill for. I love over-sized floral rings, so this orange-enameled Swarovski embellished ring is right up my alley. net-a-porter, £290

No comments:

Post a Comment