Monday 19 March 2012

Keep It Colourful

My apologies for the absence of late!
  Today, I had a few ideas for a post rattling round in my head, but then I did my customary sweep over The Sartorialist (among the other amazing blogs I peruse with coffee in hand every morning), and the latest photo, which I've just seen now, has a small book in the hand of the stylish person. A journal I think, in the most beautiful pattern. Made me think of the intricate tile work you see in places like Jerusalem, or on walls in the old parts of Lisbon in Portugal. This in turn got me thinking about eye-catching patterns. So today I'm wishing for a handful of items covered in colorful designs. And as I've had a couple of requests from readers, I'll be including prices wherever I can in case anyone else wishes they had these as well.





 To me (and generally to everyone), Missoni reigns when it comes to patterned knits. The eye loves repetition,and the skin loves comfort, so right now I'm wishing for their SS12 strapless dress in sea green and lapis. It's gorgeous, and it has a built in strapless bra, so it's practical too! Net-a-porter, £1,210.


















In keeping with the massive 20's trend going on, I would snap up this little number from Etro. Always intricate, this flapper-inspired dress really grabbed me. The added dimension of the big beads gives it a really playful, cut-and-paste feel that I love. Net-a-porter, £2,695.










  I'm really in a kick for bright wedges this spring, and I wish I had both of these, as I really can't choose between them. Firstly, from Burberry, these hypnotic sunburst prints, $1,150 CDN, which I love because the huge pattern and great heel are balanced by a very prim toe. And secondly, these strappy orange leather platforms by Tory Burch, £325, which are a great example of that flat platform look that dominated several runways for SS12. Both pairs would definitely brighten up my day the moment I slipped them on.
 


















Any questions on where to find items, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment