Monday 26 March 2012

Short Dress, Fur Vest

Lately I've been finding that I'm more and more into Stella McCartney. Maybe it's the huge injection of colour this year, I'm not sure, but in any case suddenly I have half a dozen pieces flagged that I want desperately.

Today I'm really feeling that whole short dress, fur vest look.

I'm going to start with one of those Stella McCartney pieces, a thigh-length silk and lace Joan dress in bright blue. (I really love all the vibrant blues this season, completely my favourite colour.) net-a-porter.com, $1480












On top, I want an open fur vest. I know the fur vest trend emerged like two years ago, BUT, Antik Batik has done some amazing fur vests in the last couple of years, and for fall there is a huge trend for global tribal-inspired pieces (Antik Batik's signature). I love this pale grey rabbit fur vest especially. net-a-porter, sale price $269.50








I think the perfect companion for these two colours are wine-toned opaque tights. There is something about deep burgundy on the legs that I love, particularly with grey. Microfiber Opaque Tights in Maroon, We Love Colors, $12.50










On the feet, I would give a girly outfit a bit of an edge with Harrow boots from Rag & Bone in grey brushed leather. Love the chunky heel and raw leather straps, very urban cowboy. Rag & Bone online store, $495 










And a slouchy, practical leather bag is in order. I would use the leather boot straps to tie the bag into the outfit, so something in a dark chocolate or coffee colour. This BCBG messenger bag would be great slung low over your shoulder. 6pm.com, $220.99



All in all, a total indie princess outfit for a busy day around town.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment