Friday 9 March 2012

Louche Layers

Bright and early tomorrow morning I'm off visiting, with a four hour coach trip to my northerly destination. It got me thinking about all the travel I've been doing lately (including a marathon 32 hours in the air from Australia to Canada via Dubai), and how sad it is that modern travel has lost so much of its glamour.

If you're cramped and squeezed into a cabin of some kind, you should at least work towards being comfortable. And if you can be comfy and cute at the same time, why not? These are some things I wish I had for tomorrow morning...








Now, layering is key when you travel, because you never know if that air-con will be jammed in the on or off position. To start, I'd wear Chinti & Parker's organic cotton T, in teal. Soft and earth friendly!








Of course, cashmere makes a great addition to an on the move outfit, keeping you warm and eternally stylish. I'm going for the double-shot here, layering on a Tomas Maier cashmere wrap, and a pair of Duffy arm warmers, both in charcoal grey.



Below the waist, I'd do a pair of dark grey stretchy leggings from American Apparel, and a pair of leather boots like these riding-inspired Burberry's. Gotta make sure you get them well before hand though, because there's nothing like worn in boots. 

Wish me well on my travels (even if it is only four hours)!
Stay comfy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment