Thursday 22 March 2012

Sleep Chic


This morning I woke up, twisted my half-asleep form out of bed, stood up, and promptly tripped over the dog. The result was a bump on the head and a rip in my favourite pajamas. Not to mention an indignant hound who no doubt felt I was up a bit too early for his liking.

Now, with dark roast in hand, I'm window shopping for some new sleep duds. Not that I won't get out the old Singer and sew up my faves, but it's nice to spend the morning dreaming.




 Stella McCartney makes adorable PJ's, and one of my first buys would have to be one of her silk playsuits. Today I'm really into this simple, deep blue number with adjustable straps. It would be great for lounging around the house in, comfy, but pretty. Harrods, £115.






Of course, sexy sleepwear doesn't always equate skimpy sleepwear. There is something to be said for swathing your body in gorgeous fabric when you climb into bed. If you, like myself, love a beautiful set of pajamas, you must, MUST look at some from Natori. Some of the most gorgeous pajamas I've ever seen, with bright Asian-inspired prints. Right now I love the silk charmeuse Miwa print. Natori.com, $190


Natori also does amazing couture caftans, which I would snap up if I could afford them. This silk Lotus print is so incredible. I would take this with me on a tropical holiday, and just walk from bed to beach. Perfect. 
Also Natori.com, $2500


And of course, for chilly nights, you have to have something to keep the toes warm. I actually love bare feet, even when it's freezing, but every once in a while I really need something soft to snuggle my toes into (if warming them against my surprised boyfriend's leg doesn't work). Betsey Johnson makes some of my favourite footwear, including slippers. Super comfy, and with a signature hint of bad-ass, the classic leopard print slipper is my number one choice today. Zappos, www.zappos.com, $34


Sleep Chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment