Thursday 22 March 2012

Pretty in Peplums

Everyone is in love with The Peplum this year. This makes me ecstatic, because I've always loved the peplum, and it's nice to welcome everyone into the fold. And whether you want to wear it understated, small at the hem of a shirt, or huge and ruffled with a sculpted skirt underneath, it's sure to draw the eye.




Today I'm wishing for a piece from Peplum Paradise, aka Alexander McQueen's FW12/13 line. I've settled on a gorgeous silk and lace top in antique rose and deep black. www.alexandermcqueen.co.uk, £1,195













I would pair with D&G's stretch satin tuxedo inspired skinny trousers, in black. They have a bit of a sheen, and will create a sleek, long line below that peplum. net-a-porter, £230



                                                                                                     
A strong, striking, and yet still subtle shoe is required. It has to have a bit of an edge, be beautiful, and still complement the intricate top, not draw away from it. I wish I could wear all this with these YSL Trib Too platforms. A strong shape, to fit with the tux pants, with barely-there swirling embroidery, tying in with the feminine lace up top. Harrods, £485








And to accessorize, one of my favourite clutches, in it's SS12 reincarnation, the McQueen skull box clutch, this season in pale gold sequins. Wish I had one in every colour! net-a-porter, £1,265

No comments:

Post a Comment